The GRE® general test is recognized by thousands of colleges and universities worldwide as one of the criteria for admission to master’s programs in engineering, pharmaceuticals, management, etc. and other graduate level courses. Many graduate schools in the United States require GRE® Exam results as part of the admissions process. Shiksha has successfully prepared thousands of applicants for the GRE® Exam. It is one of the best GRE coaching classes in ahmedabad.
ABOUT THE GRE® TEST
The GRE® general test measures the candidate’s skills in verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking and analytical writing.
The Verbal Reasoning Section aims to access the test taker’s reading comprehension, critical reasoning and vocabulary usage skills. It measures the candidate’s ability to analyze and evaluate written material, synthesize information obtained from given material, analyze relationships among component parts of sentences and recognize relationships among words and concepts.
The question types in the Verbal Reasoning measure include:
- Reading Comprehension
- Text Completion
- Sentence Equivalence
The Quantitative Reasoning Section aims to measure the mathematical knowledge and reasoning skills of the candidate. This measure assesses:
- Basic mathematical skills
- The test taker’s understanding of elementary mathematical concepts
- The ability to reason and solve problems with quantitative methods
The concepts and abilities of the test taker are measured in the areas of arithmetic, algebra and geometry and data analysis
PREPARING FOR THE GRE® TEST
- Shiksha recommends that the candidate should enroll for the GRE® test preparation course when in the 4th Semester.
- The best time to take GRE® is at the start of the 5th Semester in June (Especially for fall intake) or the 6th Semester.
- The GRE® score is valid for 5 years.
TAKING THE GRE® TEST
- GRE® is an online – Computer Based Test (CBT).
- It is taken on all days of the week.
- It is recommended that the applicant should register for taking the test 45 days before the desired date as there is limited intake at the test centers.
- GRE® registration is done online. Credit card is mandatory for fee payments.
- The official website for GRE® information and registration is http://www.ets.org/gre. Passport is mandatory for those taking the GRE® test.
- A candidate can select four institutions/universities at the end of the test for GRE® scores to be sent free of cost to the institution.
- GRE® tests provide the ScoreSelect® option, which means if you take the test multiple times you can send the GRE® test scores from only those test dates you want that institutions to see.
KEY FEATURES OF SHIKSHA’S PROGRAM FOR GRE® PREPARATION:
- Five Weeks/ 60 hours of group coaching classes in the classrooms that cover all sections of the GRE®.
- Practice tests to measure student’s understanding of elementary concepts.
- One-on-one sessions with instructors for cracking problems and developing fundamental skills.
- Mentoring for the Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA) by respective instructors.
- Extra lectures as required on mathematical concepts and cracking the verbal section.
- Essay discussion covering the elements of standard written English.
- Verbal, math and vocabulary tests.
- 21 full-length paper based tests.
- 11 simulated computer based tests.
- Discussion on test taking strategies.
- Exhaustive reference material.
- Access to Shiksha’s extensive library for the validity period on the I-card.
- Personalized mentoring of each student.